Sunday, November 8, 2009

Resin Brain Necklaces and other stuff

Around Halloween time I found these ice cube trays of brains and skulls. I thought to myself "I wonder if those would work with resin?" They did :D
I know this isn't crochet but my blog is for all my crafty stuffage :D Ok enough rambling on to the brains!!!!!!!!!













Penny for your thoughts LOL Yah I'm strange :P









Ok and don't be freaked out but to some people this will be gross LOL It all started when I accidentally cut myself (sewing LOL) and decided to put it on a piece of paper and encase it in resin for my husband. I made him a blood charm. Then he cut himself shaving and put the blood on a piece of paper. He wrote "I love you forever" and I encased it in resin. So we have matching blood charms. It isn't really gross. I think it is romantic. It is in resin so it isn't going to rub of or anything so it is sanitary.




Tell me what you think :D

***************FOR FUN***********************
Zombie Music Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-V846_Mm8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Pricey said...

I so love the penny for your thoughts. LOL guess that makes me a dork too.

Unknown said...

All of your stuff is AMAZING! You have the patterns that I've been looking for, for months! You are my hero :)

AprilDraven said...

Pricey: LOL naw I think I should have used the word Strange instead of dork. I'm too used to my friends calling me a dork haha

Jessica:
Thanks! I'm glad I could help :D

Menwy said...

I love the NIN necklace! Again, great work!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I think they're fabulous! The brains look so cool!

ThePeachMartini said...

OMG - I love the NIN necklace!! :)

The brains are surprisingly cool too...and the little skulls...Ooh, a hot pink one would be fab! :)

Stuffing Fairy said...

These are pretty awesome. It's always cool to see someone my age who crochet's and does crafty stuff like me. =]

I'll definitely have to check out your jewelry when you start selling it.

Anonymous said...

I like the skulls lol :) Great Job

AprilDraven said...

Thanks!

MetalMomma09 said...

I love this idea!!!! Can you do this with a child's first tooth????? I'd like to do something like this for when my daughter does eventually looses hers!

AprilDraven said...

actually I am going to do that with my daughter's first tooth in my next batch so after I do I will let you know ;)

W33z13 said...

ok so I guess I'm pretty odd as I also see the whole blood charm thing to be romantic lol it's like no matter what you both will really always have each other there with you lol

AprilDraven said...

That's what I thought too but apparently a lot of people think it is gross lol

WPBMOMMY1 said...

I love your resin charms. The blood charms are perfect for my friend who wanted a blood pact at her wedding but her family would probably stroke out if she did that so instead I'm going to direct her to your blog to see your blood charms. It is very romantic!

Unknown said...

These are awesome, I love the herb charms. I really want to make one for myself out of specific herbs to create an herbal charm/spell. Would the resin from the "fake water" kits be able to work for this?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AprilDraven said...

I have never seen the "fake water" kits you are talking about. I'm really not an expert when it comes to resin. It is just a hobby. Sorry, I can't help you.